LinkedIn has reached 1 Million users in New Zealand! LinkedIn currently has over 259 Million users worldwide. According to LinkedIn’s data the student marketing is increasing, with OVER 30 million students around the world signing up to join LinkedIn. This is most likely because LinkedIn can also be used to search jobs and universities. Businesses can benefit because people can find them on LinkedIn and connect with them, and so learn about their business etc. Building up connections on LinkedIn also helps you to increase your online presence as well as allowing you to build your professional brands.
As there are around 260 Million LinkedIn users it would make sense to tell you, or give you top tips, on how to improve your LinkedIn profile. So, here are 5 top tips to improve your LinkedIn profile:
- Make sure your profile picture is professional looking. An employer, or potential employer, isn’t going to want to see an image of you out on a Friday night with your mates.
- Use your full name as a LinkedIn username.
- Make sure you display your main skills and/or strengths in your title page or headline.
- Boost your bio; make sure you fill all of, or as many of the fields as you can; focusing on other jobs and projects you think are valuable to potential employers.
- Create relevant post; don’t post things which aren’t relevant to your industry.
- 17 LinkedIn Profile Must-Haves (Infographic) (socialpositives.com)
- 9 Reasons Why You Must Update Your LinkedIn Profile Today (forbes.com)
- Things you should have on your LinkedIn profile (cyclonelife.net)