Right, so as part of my research for my course assessment I thought ‘hey, why not research business marketing’. Why? To get an idea of what businesses like; i.e. how they like to market their business, what they market their business on (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs) etc. I know my brief is to ‘recommend a blogging platform’, but in order to be able to recommend a blogging platform I feel like I need to get to grips with the kind of marketing which is popular within business.
- First and foremost get people talking about your business, be it by word of mouth, via. sharing on Twitter etc. just get your businesses name ‘out there’ (online). Nobody will talk about a business which ‘fits the mould’; which is seen as a stereotypical “boring business”..make sure you do something unique, something which will be remembered THIS will get people sharing. THIS will get people talking.
- Don’t ‘drown’ people with information – yes information can be good, BUT if you’re not making sense of ‘tech-talk’ or just generally going off on one this is NOT a good for content marketing. In order to enable good content marketing for your business make sure YOU are the one who makes sense of the information which everybody is confused about. For example, there are millions and millions of webpages on Google, most of which are duplicates (and similar texts edited, changed and put into a different formats/layouts). However, if you’re the one making sense out of all this information your content is more likely to be viewed over the other webpages – insight is more important than heaps of information nobody understands.
- People choose their content more now than they ever have, so you’ve got to put yourself in their ‘path’, make sure your visible and somebody who’s looking for content similar to yours can find your content easily.
- So, if your content is visible make sure it’s reliable – you need your content, business etc. to stay trustworthy. As you already know ‘word of mouth’ spreads like wildfire, if your company can’t be trusted or isn’t seen as reliable someone could potentially tweet negativity about your business and so discourage others.
These top marketing tips I have explained, inspired by “All You Really Need To Know About Marketing” show that sharing is a vital piece of marketing; as ‘word of mouth’ (well social media) seems to be much more valuable, from personal experience I can also say this, than advertisements and such.
What marketing tips do you use for your business, blog, social media accounts etc?
Any other top tips are welcomed, please share!
- Are You Complicating Your Marketing? (getthat4u.wordpress.com)
- Market Know-How: Five Musts When Self-Marketing Your New Business (50plusfinance.com)
- The Importance of Brand. Setting Up Your Business for Success (staples.com)
- Small business marketing tips (kindredcommunications.wordpress.com)